Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog #3

In the two weeks since my last blog post, I was only able to go to Brookhaven once due to Hurricane Sandy. The most recent time I went was on Monday, November 5th. That day, my partner, Helen was unable to meet because her husband was sick and she didn't think I should be around him. So instead I met with a man whose partner had cancelled for later in the day. This man wanted me to teach him how to use a program that his regular partner had downloaded onto his mac for him. But because I don't use a mac on a normal basis and had never worked with this program before I couldn't be much help. After I explain this to him, he instead had me open his photos file and we looked at pictures of his family and pictures he had scanned of his drawings. When I first explained to him that I had never used the program and didn't know how to run it, he was frustrated at first, but then I think he understood and relaxed a bit. This session taught me that I have to be more patient when working with the people at Brookhaven, because his frustration made me angry. The only way I can relate the activities done during this session to what we've learned in class is that we talked about what to do if our partner has a mac, and we also talked about the importance of speaking loudly to our partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment